About version control in Etlworks
Etlworks Integrator automatically tracks changes for all artifacts: connections, formats, listeners, flows, macros, and schedules. There is nothing to configure except the retention policy.
Using built-in version control you can:
- View the history of changes - who-changed-what-and-when.
- Compare any two versions.
- Revert to any previous version.
- Add comments to the commit when saving the artifacts.
Access version control UI
To access the version control UI click the [@] button at the bottom left corner of each screen.
Using version control
View the history of changes
Click the [@] button at the bottom left corner of each screen to view the history of changes
Compare any two versions
To compare any two versions select versions and click [View Diff between Selected].
The changes are displayed in a two-panel or unified view.
From this view, you can navigate back and forward in the history of changes and also revert to any version.
View the specific version and compare it with a previous one
To view the specific version and compare it with a previous one click the [eye] button.
Revert to any previous version
To revert to any previous version:
Step 1. Click the [Revert] button.
Step 2. Confirm that you want to revert to the previous version by clicking the Revert button.
Step 3. Click [Save] or [Save with message] to complete the revert.
You must save changes to complete the revert.
Add comments to the commit when saving the artifacts
When saving any change, to any artifact you have an option to add a message (comments) to the commit.
To add a message to the commit click the [Save with message] button.
The commit message is displayed in the Change History popup.
Configure the retention policy
By default, Integrator keeps only 20 last modifications to any artifact. The older changes are getting purged once a day by the scheduled maintenance task. This parameter can be changed.
Only customers on the dedicated instance (including self-hosted) can configure the retention policy.
Step 1. Go to Settings->Maintenance. Select Clean history records.
You can change the following options:
- Enabled flag - if this maintenance task is disabled Integrator will keep the history of changes forever. The default is enabled.
- Schedule - how often you want the system to run this maintenance task. The default is once a day.
- Keep # of history records - the number of history records to keep. The default is 20.
- Remove deleted - if this option is enabled the system will remove the history records for the deleted artifacts. The default is enabled.
- Keep deleted in past N days - the number of days to keep the history records for the deleted artifacts. The default is 30.