About version control in the Etlworks Integrator
The Etlworks Integrator automatically tracks changes for all artifacts: Connections, Formats, Listeners, Flows, Macros, and Schedules. Thus, there is nothing to configure except the retention policy.
Using built-in version control, you can:
- View the history of changes or who-changed-what-and-when
- Compare any two versions
- Revert to any previous version
- Add comments to the commit when saving the artifacts
Access the version control UI
To access the version control UI, click
@ at the bottom left corner of each screen.
Use version control
View version history
@ at the bottom left corner of each screen to view version history.
Compare any two versions
To compare any two versions, select the versions, and click
View Diff between Selected.
The changes are displayed in a two-panel or unified view.
From this view, you can navigate back and forward in the version history and also revert to any version.
View a specific version and compare it with a previous one
To view a specific version and compare it with a previous one, click
Revert to any previous version
To revert to any previous version, you may follow the steps below:
Step 1. Click
Step 2. Confirm that you want to revert to the previous version by clicking
Step 3. Click
Save with message to complete the revert.
Add comments to the commit when saving the artifacts
When saving any change to any artifact, you have an option to add a message (comments) to the commit.
To add a message to the commit, click
Save with message.
The commit message is displayed in the
change history popup.
Configure the retention policy
By default, the Etlworks Integrator only keeps the last 20 modifications to any artifact. Older changes are purged once a day by the scheduled maintenance task. This parameter can be changed.
Only customers on the dedicated instance (including self-hosted) can configure the retention policy.
Maintenance, and then select
Clean history records.
You can change the following options:
- Enabled flag: if this maintenance task is disabled, the Etlworks Integrator will keep the history of changes forever. The default would be enabled.
- Schedule: is how often you want the system to run a maintenance task. The default is once a day.
- Keep # of history records: is the number of history records you want to keep. The default is 20.
- Remove deleted: If this option is enabled, the system will remove the history records for the deleted artifacts. The default choice is enabled.
- Keep deleted in the past N days: This is the number of days where the history records for the deleted artifacts are kept. The default is 30.