Creating a connection
Step 1. In the Connections window click the
+ button, select Cloud Storage.
Step 2. Select Amazon S3
Step 3. Enter connection parameters
- Endpoint - the web service host. It defaults to:
- Bucket - the bucket name.
- Directory - the directory under the bucket. This parameter is optional.
- Files - the actual file name or a wildcard file name, for example,
- Headers - optional HTTP headers.
all Amazon S3 headers have the prefix
x-amz-, even if you didn't set them.
- Access Key - the username.
- Secret Access Key - password.
- Requester Pays - a bucket in S3 is normally configured such that the bucket's owner pays all the service fees for accessing, sharing and storing objects. The Requester Pays feature of S3 allows a bucket to be configured in such a way that the individual who sends the requests to a bucket is charged for the S3 request and data transfer fees, instead of charging the bucket's owner.
- Request Signature Version - Amazon S3 offers you the ability to identify what API signature version was used to sign a request. Signature Version 4 is supported in all AWS Regions, and it is the only version that is supported for new Regions.
- Add Suffix When Creating Files In Transformation - you can select one of the predefined suffixes for the files created using this connection. For example, if you select
uuidas a suffix and the original file name is
dest.csv, Integrator will create files with the name
dest_uuid.csv, where uuid is a globally unique identifier such as
- Enable Wildcard File Name - if there are multiple source files in a folder, you can specify an algorithm which will be used to select an actual source file to process. For example, if Files is set to
oldestis selected, Integrator will always select the oldest file in the folder which matches the wildcard
- Override Wildcard File Name set for Connection - if Wildcard File Names are allowed, the option to Override Wildcard File Name set for Connection is enabled, and the file name entered in the FROM field of the transformation is a wildcard file name, the system will override the file name entered at the connection level. The default behavior is to use the wildcard file name that was entered when the connection was configured.
- Archive file before copying to - Integrator can archive files, using one of the supported algorithms (zip or gzip), before copying them to cloud storage. Since cloud storage is typically a paid service, it can save money and time if you choose to archive files.