When to use this connector
Use this connector to create flows that work with files in Dropbox.
Creating a Dropbox app
Prior to creating your first connection for the Dropbox you will need to create a Dropbox app. This is a one-time process required for the specific Dropbox account.
Step 1. Visit the Dropbox App Console.
Step 2. Click the Create app button.
Step 3. Under Choose an API section, select Dropbox API.
Step 4. Under Choose the type of access you need, select Full Dropbox.
Step 5. Enter a name for your custom app.
Step 6. If you have a personal and a business account which are linked, you will be asked to select which account you want to own the app. Once you make a selection, you will be asked to sign in to that account.
Step 7. Click the Create app button. You will be redirected to the control panel for your app.
Step 8. Click the Generate button to generate the access token. Copy the generated access token. You will need it later when you will be creating a Dropbox connection.
Creating a connection
Step 1. In the Connections window click the
+ button, type in
Step 2. Select Dropbox.
Step 3. Enter connection parameters.
- Directory - the actual directory with files. This parameter is optional.
- Files - the actual file name or a wildcard file name, for example,
- Access token - the access token generated in step 8.
- Add Suffix When Creating Files in Transformation - you can select one of the predefined suffixes for the files created using this connection. For example, if you select
uuidas a suffix and the original file name is
dest.csv, Integrator will create files with the name
dest_uuid.csv, where uuid is a globally unique identifier such as
- Enable Wildcard File Name - if there are multiple source files in a folder, you can specify an algorithm which will be used to select the next source file to process. For example, if Files is set to
oldestis selected, Integrator will always select the oldest file in the folder which matches the wildcard
- Override Wildcard File Name set for Connection - if Wildcard File Names are allowed, Override Wildcard File Name set for Connection is enabled, and the file name entered in the FROM field of the transformation is a wildcard file name, the system will override the file name entered at the connection level. Otherwise, the default behavior is to use the wildcard file name entered when the connection was configured.