HL7 is a combination of the data exchange formats and communication protocols used to connect health care applications.
Read more about HL7 here.
Etlworks Integrator fully supports all existing HL7 formats and protocols and is one of the best available HL7 interface engines.
In Integrator, the HL7 messages can be sent and received using one of the following connectors:
- HTTP Connection - send and receive.
- HTTP Listener - receive.
- Cloud or File-based storage - send and receive.
- HL7 MLLP Sender - send.
- HL7 MLLP Listener - receive.
Supported HL7 formats:
Transforming HL7 messages
For transforming HL7 messages, we will be using the technique explained in this article.
Sending and receiving HL7 messages
- Sending messages over MLLP
- Receiving messages over MLLP
- Sending messages over HTTP
- Receiving messages over HTTP
Two examples follow: