HL7 is a messaging specification for healthcare information systems. Read more at https://www.hl7.org. Integrator can read and write HL7 messages in all 2.x formats.
Read how to work with HL7 messages in Etlworks.
To create a new CSV format, go to Connections, select Formats tab, click Add Format button and type in hl7 2 in the search field.
Below are the available parameters:
- HL7 Version - specific HL7 Version.
Anymeans parser will try to read a message regardless of the version, so if you don't know the version please select
- Type of Encoding - the
ER7(default) is a standard HL7 pipe delimited format. The difference between
XMLis that the former allows duplicated XML tags while the later does not. In most cases you will use
- Validate- if enabled Integrator will validate the message before passing it to the connector. If message is not valid according to the default rules, the appropriate error will be generated.
- Datatype if OBX2 Missing - if this property is set, the value provides a default datatype (such as 'ST', 'NM') for an OBX segment with a missing OBX-2 value.
- Datatype if OBX2 Invalid - if this property is set, the value provides a default datatype (such as 'ST', 'NM') for an OBX segment with an invalid OBX-2 value.
- Encode First Segment - if this property is enabled (default), when encoding a group where the first segment is required, but no data has been populated in that segment, the empty segment is now still encoded if needed as a blank segment in order to give parsers a hint about which group subsequent segments are in.
- Escape Subcomponent Delimiter - enable if subcomponent delimiters in OBX-5 shall be ignored.
- Enforce Encoding For - a comma-separated list of segments for which the system should enforce encoding even if they contain no content.
- Remove Encoding For - a comma-separated list of segments for which the system encoding should be removed.
- Namespace - the HL7 XML namespace. If not set the default namespace will be used:
- Template - template in the HL7 2.x format. If this field is not empty Integrator will use it to populate column names and data types. Template is an optional field.
- Date and Time Format - a format for timestamps (date+time).
- Date Format - a format for date (date only, no time).
- Time Format - a format for time (time only, no date).
- Trim Strings - if this option is enabled, Integrator will trim leading and trailing white-spaces from the value.
- Treat 'null' as null - if this option is enabled, Integrator will treat string values equal to 'null' as actual nulls (no value).
/* this code replaces all spaces in a message on underscore character */ message = message.replace(" ", "_");
- Encoding - the character encoding used for HL7 documents in the XML format.