When to use this format
HL7 FHIR is a new version of the data exchange format for healthcare information systems. Read more at https://www.hl7.org/fhir/. Integrator can read and write HL7 messages in all currently available FHIR versions and encodings (XML and JSON).
Read how to work with HL7 messages in Etlworks.
To create a new CSV format, go to Connections, select Formats tab, click Add Format button and type in fhir in the search field.
Below are the available properties:
- HL7 FHIR Version - typically you want to use the latest and greatest version of the format, which is currently
R4. Please keep in mind that HL7 FHIR specification is a work in progress.
- Type of Encoding - HL7 FHIR messages can be encoded either as XML or JSON documents.
- Namespace - the namespace for the HL7 FHIR message when XML encoding is used. If not set the default namespace will be used:
- Template - template in the HL7 FHIR format. If this field is not empty Integrator will use it to populate column names and data types. Template is an optional field.
- Date and Time Format - a format for timestamps (date+time).
- Date Format - a format for date (date only, no time).
- Time Format - a format for time (time only, no date).
- Parse Dates - if this option is enabled, and the date or time value is not recognized as one of the formats defined above, Integrator will try to parse it using one of the well-known date+time formats.
- Trim Strings - if this option is enabled, Integrator will trim leading and trailing white-spaces from the value.
- Treat 'null' as null - if this option is enabled, Integrator will treat string values equal to 'null' as actual nulls (no value).
/* this code replaces all spaces in a message on the underscore character */ message = message.replace(" ", "_");
- Encoding - the character encoding used for HL7 documents in the XML format.