About Server storage
Server storage is a storage on any hard drive or a network device attached to or mapped on the host machine running Etlworks Integrator.
If you install Integrator on-premise, you can access files on any available network or local storage device. Otherwise, you can only access files in the Home folder and all sub folders of the Home folder.
When you sign up for Etlworks Integrator, we create a storage volume in our servers which is exclusively available to your account. In this documentation, we will be referencing it as your Home folder.
The home folder and all sub folders under this can be accessed using the Server Storage connection type. The home folder can be referenced by using the token
When to use this connector
Use this connector to create flows that work with files in the server storage.
Creating a connection
Step 1. In the Connections window click the
+ button, select Files.
Step 2. Select Server Storage.
Step 3. Enter connection parameters.
- Directory - the actual directory containing the files. This parameter is optional. The Directory field is disabled for some of the Etlwork account types.
- Files - the actual file name or a wildcard file name, for example,
- Add Suffix When Creating Files in Transformation - you can select one of the predefined suffixes for the files created, using this connection. For example, if you select
uuidas a suffix and the original file name is
dest.csv, Integrator will create files with the name dest_uuid.csv, where uuid is a globally unique identifier, such as
- Enable Wildcard File Name - if there are multiple source files in a folder, you can specify an algorithm which will be used to select the next source file to be processed. For example, if Files is set to
oldestis selected, Integrator will always select the oldest file in the folder which matches the wildcard
- Override Wildcard File Name set for Connection - if Wildcard File Names are allowed, Override Wildcard File Name set for Connection is enabled, and the file name entered in the FROM field of the transformation is a wildcard file name, the system will override the file name entered at the connection level. The default behavior is to use the wildcard file name entered when the connection is configured.
When server storage connection is used as a destination (TO) in the source to destination transformation it possible to configure the automatic encryption using the PGP algorithm and public key uploaded to the server.
If the key is available all files created by the transformation will be automatically encrypted using the PGP algorithm.