Our pricing model is a three-tiered, feature-based SaaS subscription.
There are three clearly defined tiers: Startup, Business, and Enterprise.
All tiers allow for an unlimited number of users and provide you access to all non-premium connectors.
Tier differences can be found in the following:
- The total number of records that can be processed each month.
- API limits.
- The total number of schedules.
- How often the scheduled flow can run.
- The type of instance: shared or dedicated.
- The ability to set up a custom domain with its own SSL certificate
- White labeling
- The ability to create and use tenants.
- The ability to embed Etlworks UI in your web app.
Remote Integration Agents are only available in Business and Enterprise plans.
Take a look at our pricing grid for more information.
Choosing between shared and dedicated plans
Select the shared plan (Startup or Business) if:
- You are OK to share the instance with other customers.
- The number of records you are planning to process monthly will not exceed 3 million (Startup plan) or 30 million (Business plan).
- You will not be running any flow more frequently than once an hour.
- You are OK to have a limited number of schedules.
- You are not planning to use API to process events in real-time (webhooks, etc.)
Select the dedicated plan (Enterprise or on-premise) if:
- You don't want to share the instance with other customers.
- The number of records you are planning to process monthly will exceed 30 million (~ 1 M records a day).
- You are going to be running flows more frequently than once an hour.
- You expect to have a lot of schedules.
- You are planning to use CDC (change data capture) for data synchronization
- You are planning to use API to process events in real-time (webhooks, etc.)
- You need any of the following:
- Custom domain
- White labeling
- The ability to create and use tenants
- The ability to embed Etlworks UI in your web app
Cloud subscription plans
Etlworks owns, operates, and manages cloud instances running Etlworks Integrator. We are available in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, and IBM Cloud. Customers on Enterprise plans can choose the cloud provider and region.
We provide monitored service 24/7 and you will receive free automatic upgrades as long as you are subscribed to the service. As a part of the subscription plan, you will have access to all available non-premium connectors.
The cost of running the shared or dedicated instance is included in the price. Your total cost will be the subscription cost listed on our website. No surprises.
What does “the price starts from” mean for cloud Enterprise plans?
We factor in the cost of running the dedicated instance when calculating the price. Higher tier instances include more pre-paid records and higher API limits.
- 8 Gb RAM, 2 CPU cores, good for up to 1.5 billion records / month (50 M records / day) – $900 / month.
- 16 Gb RAM, 4 CPU cores, good for up to 6 billion records / month (200 M records / day) – $1200 / month.
- 32 Gb RAM, 8 CPU cores, good for up to 15 billion records / month (500 M records / day) – $1500 / month.
- 64 Gb RAM, 16 CPU cores, good for up to 30 billion records / month (1 B records / day) – $2000 / month.
- 160 Gb RAM, 40 CPU cores, good for up to 60 billion records / month (2 B records / day) – $3000 / month.
- 256 Gb RAM, 64 CPU cores, good for up to 100 billion records / month (3.3 B records / day) – $4000 /month
Annual subscription for cloud plans
You can choose to pay month-by-month or annually. We provide a 10% discount for annual subscriptions.
- Startup - $3240 / year.
- Business - $6480 / year
- Enterprise 8 Gb RAM, 2 CPU cores – $9720 / year.
- Enterprise 16 Gb RAM, 4 CPU cores – $11880 / year.
- Enterprise 32 Gb RAM, 8 CPU cores – $16200 / year.
- Enterprise 64 Gb RAM, 16 CPU – $21600 / year.
- Enterprise 160 Gb RAM, 40 CPU cores - $32400 / year.
- Enterprise 256 Gb RAM, 64 CPU cores - $43200 / year.
For the cloud Enterprise plans, we provide a 20% discount for each additional instance (for example DEV, QA, etc.). We provide a 10% discount on top of a 20% discount for annual subscriptions.
Each node in the high availability setup (HA) is an additional instance.
Estimating the size of the instance
Use the maximum number of records per month that you are planning to process to estimate the size of the instance that you might need. Read how we count the number of records.
If you are planning to work with the nested XML and JSON documents read how we calculate the number of records in the nested documents.
The following record limits are set for each plan:
- Startup - 3 million records a month (100K records / day), $0.05 per 1K more records
- Business - 30 million records / month (1M records / day) , $0.01 per 1K more records
- Enterprise 8 GB - no hard limit, good for 1.5 billion records/month (50 M records /day)
- Enterprise 16 GB - no hard limit, good for 6 billion records/month (200 M records/day)
- Enterprise 32 GB - no hard limit, good for 15 billion records/month (500 M records/day)
- Enterprise 64 GB - no hard limit, good for 30 billion records/month (1 B records/day)
- Enterprise 160 GB - no hard limit, good for 60 billion records/month (2 B records/day)
- Enterprise 256 GB - no hard limit, good for 100 billion records/month (3.3 B records/day)
Record limits are not enforced for the enterprise plans but are used to estimate the maximum load the instance can take without compromising the performance. We will ask the customer to upgrade to the higher tier enterprise plan if RAM or CPU utilization is constantly staying above 70% or periodically reaching 90% and above.
How do we count the number of records?
- We calculate the maximum between extracted and loaded records and use it toward the total count.
- We calculate the total count per day as a SUM of all records calculated in step 1 for all transformations.
- We calculate the total count per month as a SUM of all records calculated in step 2.
- We reset the daily count at midnight instance time zone.
Calculating the number of records for nested XML and JSON documents
When working with nested XML and JSON documents (also other formats which support nested records) we count every node which creates a record toward the total count. See examples for XML:
How do we charge for extra records
If you will exceed the number of records allowed for the plan we will charge you automatically on the last day of the calendar month. You will see a line "extra N records" in the invoice.
Read about built-in and user-defined APIs in Etlworks.
We are using the API Gateway to throttle the API calls per account. If you have reached any of the limits below the API will start returning HTTP error 429 (too many requests).
It is possible to purchase API expansion packs for $200 / month. Each pack doubles the limit set for the account.
We enforce the following API limits:
- Startup - 1 user-defined API endpoint, 10 API calls a day. Up to 5 calls per minute. Up to 2 concurrent calls.
- Business - 10 user-defined API endpoints, 100 API calls a day. Up to 10 calls per minute. Up to 10 concurrent calls.
- Enterprise 8GB - unlimited number of user-defined API endpoints, 10K API calls a day. Up to 20 calls per minute. Up to 10 concurrent calls.
- Enterprise 16GB - unlimited number of user-defined API endpoints, 25K API calls a day. Up to 20 calls per minute. Up to 10 concurrent calls.
- Enterprise 32GB - unlimited number of user-defined API endpoints, 50K API calls a day. Up to 60 calls per minute. Up to 10 concurrent calls.
- Enterprise 64GB and up - unlimited number of user-defined API endpoints, 100K API calls a day. Up to 120 calls per minute. Up to 20 concurrent calls.
Remote Integration Agents
Integration Agent is a zero-maintenance, easy-to-configure, fully autonomous ETL engine, running as a background service behind the company’s firewall.
Integration Agent can be installed on Windows and Linux.
Remote Integration Agents allow you to run flows that use on-premise applications and databases. Outbound communication between Etlworks cloud instance and Remote Integration Agent is fully secured as data is not staged.
Read more about using Integration Agents to work with data behind the company’s firewall.
- One integration agent - $100 / month
- Up to 10 integration agents - $400 / month
- Up to 50 integration agents - $600 / month
- +$100 / month for any additional 1-100 agents after the first 100
The customer owns, operates, and manages instances running Etlworks Integrator. We allow Etlworks Integrator to be installed in the cloud or any hardware owned by the customer. There is no upper limit for the number of records and there are no API usage limits unless specifically mentioned in a contract.
In addition to the subscription fee, we charge $2000 for installation and configuration.
Typically we don’t have access to the on-premise instances at all, but we do provide a fully automated, one-click installation and upgrade script.
The on-premise instances must be able to connect to the Etlworks License server at least once a day.
Record limits are not enforced for the on-premise plans.
What does “the price starts from” mean for on-premise plans?
The base price includes one instance of Etlworks Integrator. It is possible to have multiple instances running behind the load balancer or totally independent instances (for example QA and PRODUCTION). The price per instance depends on the size of the instance. We provide a 20% discount for each additional license.
- One 8 GB, 2 CPU cores instance – $900 / month.
- One 16 GB, 4 CPU cores instance – $1200 / month.
- One 32GB, 8 CPU cores instance – $1500 / month.
- One 64GB, 16 CPU cores instance – $2000 / month.
- One 160GB, 40 CPU cores instance – $3000 / month.
- One 256GB, 64 CPU cores instance – $4000 / month.
- Two 8GB instances – $1620 / month.
- Two 16GB instances – $2160 / month
- Two 32 GB instances – $2700 / month
- Two 64 GB instances – $3600 / month
- Two 128 GB instances – $5400 / month
Annual subscription for on-premise plans
You can choose to pay month-by-month or annually. We provide a 10% discount for annual subscriptions.
Upgrading to the next tier
Customers can request to upgrade to the next tier at any time without signing a new agreement. When a subscription is upgraded, Etlworks calculates the amount for the remaining period of the new plan and adds that as a line item to the invoice generated during the plan change.
When you buy a perpetual license you own it forever. A perpetual license for one instance costs $75K. We provide a 20% discount for each additional instance, for example, QA, DEV, Production, etc.
The renewal for one instance costs $6000 / year after the first year. The perpetual license never expires but after the first year you will need to pay for renewal in order to install the latest updates. The renewal is optional - the software will remain operational even if you don't install updates.
If you want to build an integration with the system or API that is not on the Etlworks list of the available connectors, you can purchase one of our premium JDBC connectors, provided by CData- a leader in enterprise data connectivity.
JDBC is a standard interface directly supported by Etlworks Integrator when creating flows, mapping, and exploring data and metadata. It is easy to extract, transform, and load data with CData connectors integrated with the Etlworks ETL engine.
The price is different for each connector. There are 2 purchasing options:
- Perpetual license - prices per connector vary from $2K to $5K (one-time fee).
- Annual subscription - prices per connector vary from $500 to $2K (per year).
Extended support and professional services
The following services are included in the extended support:
- Professional services
- Support by video conferencing service
- Support by phone
- Priority support
Extended support is subscription-based. You can purchase one of the following extended support plans:
- 6 hours of extended support and professional services per month for $600 / month
- 10 hours for $1000 per month
- 40 hours for $4000 per month
- 100 hours for $10000 per month
You can also buy ad-hoc extended support for $150 / hour. The minimum block for ad-hoc support is 10 hours.
Subscription support hours expire every month. Ad-hoc hours do not expire and can be used on an on-needed basis.
If you want to outsource the development of the data integration solution using Etlworks platform and prefer to handle it as a project (in opposite to ad-hoc or subscription-based support) - no worries, we have got you covered.
One of our highly trained partners can develop a solution for you. They have years of experience with the Etlworks platform and skilled developers and testers. Contact email@example.com for more information.
It is possible to purchase a custom SLA from one of our partners.
They provide 24/7/365 support with 30 minutes guaranteed response for blocker and critical issues.
The price starts from $7K / month. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.