When to use these transformations
The scripting transformation is used to change a data set on the fly. For example, it can be used to create complex nested XML documents.
You can use JavaScipt (default) or Python in the scripting transformations.
Creating a transformation
To configure one of the following scripting transformations go to the
- Transformation/MAPPING/Additional Transformations/Before Prepare Source Query - Scripting transformation executed before the source query is merged with the flow variables
- Transformation/MAPPING/Additional Transformations/Before Extract - Scripting transformation executed before extract
- Transformation/MAPPING/Additional Transformations/For each row - Scripting transformation executed for each extracted row. The alternative to the scripting transformation For each row is per-field mapping.
- Transformation/MAPPING/Additional Transformations/After Extract - Scripting transformation executed after extract
- Transformation/MAPPING/Additional Transformations/After Load - Scripting transformation executed after load
Read more about the Scripting transformations.