Finding things in this documentation
Etlworks documentation includes more than 500 articles. Here are a few tips for how to navigate and quickly find things in the documentation.
- Use search. It will auto-suggest articles based on relevance. Pay attention to the "related articles" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Use How do I set-by-step tutorials to quickly create flows for the most typical use-cases.
- Use Connection, Listeners, Formats, and Flows section to read about available connections, formats, and flows.
- Read about available Transformations and Mapping.
- Read how to use Etlworks Integrator and Explorer.
- Read about data source specific use-cases (databases, files, web services, APIs, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.) in the Use Cases section.
- Read about real-life case studies and examples in the Case Studies section.
- Read about built-in and user-defined APIs in the API docs and Building APIs section.
- Read about parametrization and variables in the Parametrization section.
- Read about tips and tricks in the Tips and Tricks section.
- Read about Debugging, Troubleshooting, and Error Handling in the Troubleshooting and Exception Handling section.
- Read about working with nested datasets (typically XML and JSON payloads returned by web services) in the Working with nested datasets section.
- Read about performance tuning in the Performance Tuning section.
- Read ho to subscribe to Etlworks, manage subscriptions and payment methods in the Subscriptions and Payments section.
- Read about security, architecture and deployment.
Finding things in Etlworks app
Find where the specific connection, listener, or format is used
When is the Connections window, select a connection, listener or format and click Find Usage button at the bottom of the screen.
Create and manage Connections and Formats
Create connections and formats in the Connection window
Use the search in the gallery to find a connection type to create
Filter existing connections by name and tag
Create and manage Flows
Create flows in the Flows window
Use the search in the gallery to find a flow type to create
source to target or
- database to file
- web service to database
- well-known api to database
- queue to database
- file to file
Filter existing flows by name and tag
Find errors, stats and flow execution status
In the Flows window click the status link