About streaming from Twitter
The Twitter API platform offers two options for streaming real-time Tweets: follow a Twitter user or track keywords.
Create a Twitter Stream Feed connection to stream Twitts in real-time.
In order to stream data from Twitter, you need to create a Twitter app first (if you have not done it already).
Creating a connection
Step 1. In the Connections window click the
+ button, select Twitter.
Step 2. Select Twitter Streaming Feed
Step 3. Enter connection parameters
- User IDs or Hashtags - comma-separated list of the numeric Twitter User IDs to follow or (not and!) a comma-separated list of keywords (#hashtags) to track.
- Consumer Key - the consumer key, assigned to the Twitter app created by you.
- Consumer Secret - the consumer secret, assigned to the Twitter app created by you.
- Access Token - the access token, assigned to the Twitter app created by you.
- Access Token Secret - the access token secret, assigned to the Twitter app created by you.
- Stream Duration (sec) - the duration of the stream in seconds. The maximum duration is 999 seconds. The connection to the Twitter API will reset once the time elapses the configured number .
- Flatten Status - Twitter streaming API returns highly nested JSON document. Enable this parameter to convert nested JSON into the flat one.
- Template - since this connection cannot sample the data to populate fields for the mapping use this field to define the structure of the returned JSON. Example: