A chain fitness company needs to load the financial information from the Sage300 software into the Tableau dashboard.
- The flow must be able to access the information in the Sage300 software using the REST API endpoint.
- The flow must be able to load the information into the place and in the format the Tableau can use to access it.
- The flow will be running every hour, extracting and loading ~ 10K records.
Since the Tableau can access the Google worksheet, it was decided to create a flow which extracts the data from Sage300 API and loads it into the shared Google worksheet.
Step 1. Create an HTTP connection to the Sage300 API:
- URL - https://id.sage300cloud.com/EQWebService/EQWebService.asmx/endpoint_JSON
- Headers - Content-Type=application/xml;charset=utf-8
- Correct authentication parameters.
Step 2. Create a connection to the shared Google worksheet.
Step 3. Create the JSON format with all default settings.
Step 4. Create a new flow by selecting the flow type "Web Service to the well-known API" in the gallery.
Step 5. Add a new transformation and select or enter the following parameters:
- Connection (from) - connection created in Step 1.
- Format (from) - format created in Step 3.
- From - the name of the API endpoint.
- Connection (to) - connection created in Step 2.
- To - the name of the worksheet in the Google Sheet
Step 6. Save the flow and schedule it to run every hour.