Duplicating the flow
If you just want to duplicate the current flow with a different name, click the
Duplicate flow button in the Flows window. Then change the flow name.
Creating a copy of the flow or multiple flows
In Integrator you can copy a whole flow (or multiple flows) with all its connections and formats, using Export/Import.
To Export a flow (or multiple flows), go to the Flows page and click the
Export/Import Flow button, select Export from the drop-down menu.
Then select the flow or multiple flows and click the
Export Selected or
Export All button. A file with the extension etld will be downloaded to your local drive.
if you are exporting a nested flow - all included flows, connections, and formats will be exported as well.
Step 1. To Import a flow, go to the Flows page and click the
Export/Import Flow button, select Import from the drop-down menu. Then click the
Please choose the flow file to import button and select the file with the extension etld (new) or intflow (old) that you wish to import.
Step 2. Select the flow(s) to import, collision policy, and extra tags if needed. Click
Import Selected or
Import All button.
If you are importing a nested flow - all included flows, connections and formats will be imported as well.
The following collision policies are supported:
- Add - Integrator will create new flows, formats, connections, and listeners. The following rules are used when creating the flow's artifacts:
1. When you import a flow, Integrator creates new flows, connections, and formats with the same parameters as the original flows, connections and formats but adds the suffix [timestamp]. For example:
Create new FW xml file [05-17-2017_14-52-41]. It makes sense to change all generated names to something else, for example by removing the [timestamp] suffix and modifying the name. Make sure the new name is unique, otherwise Integrator will not allow you to change it.
2. If a flow uses the HTTP listener as a source (FROM) or destination (TO), the original endpoint will be updated as well (since there can't be 2 endpoints with the same path). Make sure that you change the URL Pattern before scheduling the new flow. Once again - the URL Pattern must be globally unique across all listeners.
- Replace - Integrator will replace exising flows, connections, formats, and listeneters if the name and the type are the same as in the flow to import.
- Keep - Integrator will keep exising flows, connections, formats, and listeneters if the name and the type are the same as in the flow to import.
If you choose to add new tags, the selected tags will be added to all flows, formats, connections, and listeners, created or updated during the import.