This type of connection is used to send HL7 messages over the MLLP protocol. The MLLP is a Minimal Lower Layer Protocol, which is a standard for receiving and transmitting HL7 messages via TCP/IP.
Read about sending HL7 messages over MLLP.
Creating a connection
Start creating the HL7 MLLP Sender connection by typing
hl7 into the filter field in the "Select Connection Type" gallery. Continue by selecting the
HL7 MLLP Sender connection:
- Host - MLLP server host. This parameter is required.
- Port - MLLP server port. This parameter is required.
- Use TLS/SSL - If this option is enabled, the HL7 message will be sent over a secure TLS/SSL connection.
- Timeout - connection timeout in seconds.
- Acknowledgment File Name - name of the file to dump acknowledgment messages included in responses. If empty, the system will not create an acknowledgment file.
- Encoding - message character encoding. If "No encoding" is selected, the default 'UTF-8' encoding will be used.