When to use this transformation
This transformation groups a dataset by the specified fields, and converts the key-value pairs to columns and rows. The Key and Value are user-defined columns.
- Columns to Group By - a comma-separated list of columns to group by. This is a required field for the transformation. The
Group bycolumns are automatically included in the final dataset.
- Key Column Name - the name of the column which will be used as a key. Key Column Name is a required field for this transformation.
- Value Column Name - the name of the column which will be used as a value. Value Column Name is a required field for this transformation.
- Columns to Include - a comma-separated list of columns to include. These columns will be included in the final dataset, together with the
- All Columns - an ordered comma-separated list of all columns in the final dataset. This field is optional.
Columns to Group By set to
Key Column Name to
Value Column Name to
id,phone_type,phone 1,cell,412111111 1,home,412111112 2,home,412111113 3,home,412111114 3,work,412111115 3,cell,412111116
id,cell,home,work 1,412111111,412111112, 2,,412111113, 3,412111116,412111114,412111115
Creating a transformation
To configure this transformation go to Transformation/MAPPING/Complex Transformations/Convert key-value pairs to columns and rows.